“Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as [b]by the Spirit of the Lord“
2 Corinthians 3: 16 – 18
A couple of individuals have asked me about my New Year’s Resolutions and some people are shocked at my response. They are shocked when I tell them that I don’t have a resolution, but I have goals that I will continue to work towards. I did not leave 2018 as the same person that left 2017. I am a completely different person and it is my goal to continue growing. In 2018, I found my purpose and was exposed to my destiny as I moved towards its manifestation. As I manifest my destiny, I have come to realize the importance of having a vision that is purpose driven. It is because of this realization that I have developed a vision for myself that will guide my manifestation and will also help to keep me accountable. In the next five years, I will:
- Have a deeper relationship with God and a more active role in his ministry
- Be financially literate and a prominent figure in policymaking
- Be healthy in a mental, emotional and physical sense
- Create a supportive, genuine and challenging environment that is conducive to continuous growth and improvement
- Be in God’s will and an overall better version of my current self
‘Rise Up and Soar’ is a phrase that has become synonymous in my life. The phrase originates from Bishop T.D Jakes book titled Soar. Bishop Jakes spoke about soaring like an eagle to new and daring heights. This analogy really resonated with my life at the time because I really felt like I was at rock bottom at the beginning of 2018, but I rose as the months rolled through. I started 2018 feeling defeated but I left feeling like a conqueror. My goal for 2019 is to keep the momentum and continue to rise. It is my goal to go from glory to glory and majesty to majesty. It is time to level up and to continuously evolve into a better version of myself. I say evolve instead of to elevate because I seek to be a better version of a new thing instead of a better version of an old thing. I am rising through different levels and becoming a new individual in the process. By the end of 2018, I will have risen to heights spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically. I would like to charge you to rise up as well. Whatever your goal or resolution, continue to strive and continue to rise. Make it your goal to leave 2019 better than how you entered 2018. We will have difficulties and we feel like giving up sometimes but press forward no matter. Perseverance is rewarded through retrospection and the process is the prize. Be strong, be bold, rise up and soar in 2019!
I would also like to thank you all for reading and supporting me on my journey. When I first started this blog, I never would have imagined that it would have grown into such an inspirational and impactful platform. It has been and will continue to be my hope that you will be able to learn something from my thoughts, ideas, mistakes, and successes whenever I share a post. Thank you to the over 1500 visitors who visited and view my blog over 3000 times during 2018. I am so grateful and humbled by each one of you. I promise to continue to be genuine and thought-provoking during 2019. I also promise to be more consistent by at least posting once a month. Happy New Year and I pray that this year will be prosperous in every area of life in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!
Synopsis: New Year’s Eve Sermon by Pastor Dharius Daniels
- Don’t let your pain be purposeless. Sometimes you come out of trials with nothing because you didn’t want anything
- Some things that you feel like is killing you is actually changing you. Things that look awful in the night look like God in the end
- Improve your environment in order to level up. Change environment by shifting whose in to. You can’t have low company and high living. You must be able to remove anything that could be a distraction from your evolving
- Be able to fight until the end. The ability to keep doing a thing until the thing works for you.
- We need to give up on quitting
- You cannot allow who you have been to ruin the expectations of who you want to be. Can’t allow issues of the past to suffocate your future. Expectations are not tied to perfections
- Expect blessings and expect to level up!!!